Certificate III in Aged Care
Certificate III in Aged Care (CHC30212)
Do you have a passion for helping people? A career in aged care is one of the most rewarding things you can start. You'll pick up life-long skills, set yourself up in one of Australia's most in-demand sectors and most of all you'll be helping put a smile on our ageing population.
- Duration: 2 days a week for 13 weeks
- Accreditation: Nationally Accredited as Certificate III in Aged Care CHC30212
- Training location: Melbourne Training Centre
- Course fee: $105 - eligibility criteria applies
Part Time Study
Easily manage work, family and study commitments with our flexible two day per week study load.
Government Funded Training
Through the Skills for Victoria training program, eligible students only need to pay $105 to complete this course.
Nationally Accredited Training
This aged care course is nationally accredited as CHC30212 Certificate III in Aged Care.
Enquire online or speak to one of our Career Consultants on (03) 9654 3000 today.
Skills For Victoria funding applies to our Certificate III in Aged Care course. Skills For Victoria is the primary vocational education funding source for Victorian residents. Eligibility criteria applies so speak to an Aged Care Enrolment Expert to grasp your current situation and funding eligibility.
With Skills For Victoria funding this course costs $105.00 or $21.00 with a valid concession card.
Am I Eligible?
To check if you're eligible to complete this course under the Skills for Victoria program, contact our training team today or visit our eligibility info page.
- Contact us - (03) 9654 3000
- Check online - Am I Eligible?
Our Cert III in Aged Care is made up of 26 practical and theory training sessions spanned out across 13 weeks. This means that you'll be engaged in face to face training two days a week over 13 weeks.
Each training session is around 5-6 hours and the days that they land on will depend on your intake session.
To find an intake session and check the dates your course will be run on, check the Course Start Dates at the top of this page.
Nationally Accredited Aged Care Training
This course will include these nationally recognised units of competence:
- CHCAC317A Support older people to maintain their independence
- CHCAC318B Work effectively with older people
- CHCAC319A Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCS411C Work effectively in the community sector
- CHCICS301B Provide support to meet personal care needs
- CHCICS302B Participate in the implementation of individualised plans
- CHCICS303A Support individual health and emotional well being
- CHCWHS312A Follow WHS safety procedures for direct care work
- CHCPA301B Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAP301B Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
- CHCMH301C Work Effectively in Mental Health
- CHCAC316D Provide Food Services
- CHCHC311C Work Effectively in home and community care
- CHCDIS301C Work effectively with people with a disability
Our Certificate III in Aged Care is recognised throughout Australia. Learn more about our Nationally Accredited Courses.
Work Placements Opportunities
Students that are enrolled in our Cert III in Aged Care get to grasp a first hand understanding of the industry with our structured work placement program.
- All students are required to complete 120 hours of work placement (roughly one month full-time) with a suitable aged care facility
- Employer reports will help make up your student portfolio and support your post-graduation employment
Work placement is a career starting point for a great deal of individuals. 90% of our students find employment at the same aged care facility that they completed their work placement with.
Employment Opportunities Through HSTA
We've thrown together a collection of carefully planned out, strategic methods to ensure each one of our valued students have the best possible career outcome from our Certificate III in Aged Care.
Intended Job Outcomes
Graduates of this aged care course are equipped with in-demand skills sought after in a range of industry positions. By completing this course you'll become part of a growing demand for skilled aged care workers.
Learn more about the career opportunities associated with our aged care courses.
Career Networking Assistance
We're not just here for the short period. Enroling with HSTA will enable you to become part of our career network which links your resume, skills, and professional assets with our extensive network of Aged Care facilities within the Melbourne and Greater Victorian regions.