Certificate IV in Aged Care
CHC40108 Certificate IV in Aged Care
Get ahead in the aged care industry with a Certificate IV in Aged Care from Health Services Training Australia.
Course duration: Two days per week for eighteen weeks
Location: Melbourne Training Centre
Accreditation: Nationally accredited as CHC40108 Certificate IV in Aged Care
Course fee: $105 - eligibility criteria applies
From college to management
A Certificate IV in Aged Care from HSTA is the quickest way to land yourself a management or supervisory role in the aged care sector.
Nationally accredited & recognised
Our Certificate IV in Aged Care is nationally accredited as CHC40108 Certificate IV in Aged Care. The Australian Qualification Framework approves this course.
Choose A Date
Skills For Victoria Funding
Our Certificate IV in Aged Care course costs $105 to complete or $21 with a valid concession card (Health Care Card). You won't be charged anything more to complete this course with Health Services Training Australia.
This fee includes:
- Entry and usage of the Health Services Training Australia Melbourne CBD Campus for the duration of your course
- Access to computer labs, internet where applicable, and digital media resources
- Practical and theory training sessions with an HSTA approved and qualified trainer/assessor
- Certificate issuance
Please note, this fee does not include the mandatory preliminary units for this course. Please see the course outline section at the top of this page.
Skills For Victoria funding is well known as the Victorian Training Guarantee. This course is funded the Victorian Government. Eligibility criteria applies and prior to enrollment you will need to pass an eligibility test, if you are un-successful you will have the option to enroll for the course at an adjusted fee.
This course will include these nationally recognised units of competence:
- CHCAC412B Provide Services to older people with complex needs. Prerequisite: CHCAC318A
- CHCAC416A Facilitate support responsive to the specific nature of dementia
- CHCAC417A Implement interventions with older people at risk of falls
- CHCAD401D Advocate for clients
- CHCCS400C Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- CHCICS401B Facilitate support for personal care needs
- CHCICS402B Facilitate individualised plans
- CHCINF403E Coordinate information systems
- CHCNET404B Facilitate links with other services
- CHCORG406C Supervise work
- HLTHIR403C Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- CHCWHS312A Follow safety procedures for direct care work
- CHCDIS410A Facilitate community participation and inclusion
- CHCCS305C Assist clients with medication. * Pre-requisite: HLTAP301B
- CHCDIS301C Work effectively with people with disability
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
To gain entry into CHC40108 Certificate IV in Aged Care a candidate must be recognised as competent, through a recognised training program or recognition process, against the following core units from CHC30212 Certificate III in Aged Care (or equivalent):
- CHCAC318B Work effectively with older people
- CHCAC319A Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCS411B Work effectively in the community sector
- CHCICS303A Support individual health and emotional well being
- CHCPA301B Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAP301B Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
Work Placements Opportunities
When completing your Cert IV with HSTA you will be required to complete mandatory work placement experience as part of your qualification. This experience is invaluable as it gives you the opportunity to meet prospective employers whilst seeing the reality of an aged care facility.
Workplace Networking Systems
HSTA collects and maintains relationships with aged care facilities throughout Victoria. These facilities have quickly become an asset to our students by providing career networks for both work placement during your course and a career foundation afterwards.
Winning Resume Skills
Landing a job isn't just a matter of having a pretty certificate. You will most likely need to impress your employer through an interview process. Our highly experienced aged care trainers and assessors are equipped with industry relative career building skills that will be utilised to help you build a resume and harness winning interview skills. Throughout the duration of your Certificate IV your appointed trainer will work with you on these skills.
USI: The Commonwealth Government have recently introduced 'Unique Student Identifier' numbers. It's mandatory that all students attending this course register for a free USI prior to commencement. Registering only takes a few minutes.